Monday, September 27, 2010

Spaghetti - New Taste

Spaghetti - well, I will admit that mine cannot match up to English spaghettis but the many that I have tried in Malaysia is not too much to my liking so I experimented with a few recipes and finally I came up with this. I hope that you will like it.

Many supermarkets in Malaysia sell the Prego brand to make fast spaghetti but I don't like to use the bottle Prego. I prefer to make my own sauce and I like to share it with you all.

Ingredients
1. 1 chicken breast
2. 2 to 3 sausages (optional)
3. 1 small can of tomata paste
4. 1 tsp of oregano spice
5. 1 big onion
6. 5 to 6 pips of garlic
7. 2 to 3 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
8. 2 big tomatoes
9. 5 mushrooms

Method A
1. Mince chicken
2. Season minced chicken with salt, sugar, pepper and light soya sauce
( Look through my previous recipes to know the amount used for seasoning
chicken)

Method B
1. Saute onion till fragrant
2. Saute your garlic.
3. Add in your minced chicken and fry till cooked.
4. Add in your mushrooms and fry for a while.
You can use the canned mushrooms.
5. Add in your spice
6. Pour in your tomato puree.
I use the Hunt's brand which it is not too sour.
7. Pour in your tomatoes.
Fresh tomatoes gives a sweeter taste.
8. Pour in water.
The amount is up to you but don't put so much water till your sauce is bland.
9. Simmer for 10 min.
10. Lastly add in your parmesan cheese.
11 If your sauce is too runny (too thin), mix 2 to 3 tbsp of flour with water and add into your sauce.



Ingredients




Soak your dry mushrooms with a little bit of salt. The salt will give taste to your mushrooms and make your mushrooms more chewy.



Fry the ingredients. The orangie reddish pieces are actually tomatoes. And the brown pieces are sliced mushrooms.


Tomato puree is added in



Simmer for about 10 min then add salt to taste.




Cooking spaghetti


When you cook your spaghetti, make sure you add some salt and oil. The salt will give your spaghetti taste and the oil will prevent your spaghetti from sticking to your pot. When the spaghetti is cooked, add a dash of butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment