Friday, October 15, 2010

Simple Steamed Fish

HELLO..........! A long loud hello to you all. Sorry it has been a long while since I put up anything to share with you. The reason is simple : BUSY!!! This weekend I am free as Cocuriculum Day project has failed and my friends are sitting for their government exam (PTK). So school is off for this weekend. I want to wish all my friends 'ALL THE BEST'. I am not sitting for the exam because I took mine in June, I think. I will resit next year. So since I am free, I will be able to share something this week and it will be Simple Steamed Fish.

Ingredients
1 fish
5cm ginger
a stalk of chinese parsley
a stalk of spring
onions
fish sauce

Steamed the fish for about 10 minutes
Pour away the water.
(We do it because if we use the water, the fish smell is very strong)
Now add your ginger (in thin strips)
Add a dash of light soya sauce and fish sauce.
Steam for another 10 minutes.
Remove the fish and garnish it with chinese parsley and spring onions.

(cut your spring onions to small rings and roughly chop up your chinese parsley)

Voila! Your steamed fish is like the one you eat in the restaurant.


Add ons:
Mushrooms - You can add thin sliced mushrooms
Tomatoes - 2 tomatoes, a small ball of assam and some red bird eyes chillies. Sliced the chillies so that your sauce will be hotter.By adding these ingredients, you have actually got a different taste - sweet sourish and hot.


Fish


Look at the eyes of the fish. If they bulge like this, it means that the fish is cooked.



Pour away the water. If you don't your steamed fish will smell strongly of fish smell.



Add chinese parsley and spring onions and if you like garlic oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment