Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wat Tan Hor with a delicious twist

My attempt of having a slightly different taste for Wat Tan Hor but I didn't use Kuey Teow. I used rice vermicelli (mei fun)

I fry 1 onion and five bibs of garlic.



I added 2 tomatoes to give a sweet and sour taste but basically to give it a sweeter taste.



I then added minced chicken meat (season before hand with salt, sugar, pepper and light soya sauce for a while only) I have used 1 piece of chicken breast meat.




I fried till chicken was cooked then I added three large bowls of water. You can choose to add more water or less. If you add more water than your ingredients should be more. Add less water is fine.


I let it boil for around 10 min before I added corn flour to thicken the sauce. You can add potato flour or wheat flour if you have run out of corn flour. Sometimes adding wheat flour is better because sauce with corn flour eaten the next day tend to be watery. It sort of loses the starcy feel.




I switched off the fire and waited for another 5 to 6 min before I beat in two eggs to give a twirl of egg in the sauce. Test the heat because your egg may end up too cooked and it won't be nice. Well if you keep for next day, of course we will lose some of the original taste but we will still have delicious sauce to eat with our noodles.

And now come this delicious twist - adding vinegar to the sauce. This is a Japanese vinnegar used to make sushi. When I added this, the taste of the dish really changes and if you like chilli, do have a go with it. It is simply mouth watering.


As for me, I added a tablespoon into my bowl just before eating. Fu la Mak!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment