Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fish Mango Curry

Ingredients


3 mangoes - sliced




3 sprigs curry leaves




Tamarind - a clump. Add water into the tamarind. 1 large soup bowl.



Fish spice

Vegetables to be added in

1 large fish



Method


1. Heat wok with some oil.

2. Fry fish spice.


3. Add in curry leaves


4. Pour in tamarind juice.


5. Add in two more bowls of water.


6. Put 1 tbsp chilli powder and 2 tbsp fish curry powder. If you want the curry to be hotter, add another 1 tbsp of chilli powder.


7. Boil for a while before you add in the vegetables. Cook till the vegetables are soft.I took out the vegetables and kept them aside so that when I add in my fish, my fish would disintergrate. Too much ingredients will cause difficulty in scooping the fish out and therefore will break the fish into tiny pieces.


8. Put in fish and mangoes. Cook till fish is cooked.


9. Add santan (coconut milk if you want. Don't worry about closterol. Santan won't hurt because we seldom use it. Furthermore if curry is too hot for taste, the santan will cut back a bit of strong taste of chilli.)


10. Add salt to taste.





You can find this recipe in internet but I thought I would just like to share it with you, cooked my style. The curry has a sweetish taste because of the mango. I used ripe mangoes. Perhaps you can try unripe ones and the curry will perhaps be sour. I haven't try unripe mangoes but if you do, please let me know how the curry taste.

HAVE A NICE MEAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment