Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mint chicken

Hi dear friends, it has been a long time since I uploaded this blog. Well, I was extremely busy and tired and thus had no time for this blog. Food cooked was very simple. Eating became almost like eating out from tiffin. Luckily no oone complained except once in a while I hear some grumbles about me not baking any nice chocolate cake or making egg custards. I felt very bad but ....... I needed more than a needle to prick me to move and finally after many, many moons, I managed to drag myself to the kitchen and once again put back decent food on the table and one of the first dish I put back is 'Mint chicken' and I want to share it with you.


Originally I wanted the dish to be Mint Chicken Curry but as I cooked, I changed the recipe. Hope that you will enjoy it just like the way my family did. My husband who is in the attempt of the losing weight, is struggling because he said it was finger licking good. Ha Ha Ha. What a nice way to be praised but I worry about his weight. Don't ask, you will faint...........




Well, here is the recipe.

1. 1/2 chicken (I have added another breast piece - for more boneless meat)

2. 1 big onion (don't like small ones as they make my eyes water)

3. 5/6 pips of garlic

4. 5cm ginger

5. 2/3 tomatoes (you can add more if you want a sweeter taste)

6. 2/3 sprigs of curry leaves

7. 1 serai ( I don't know the name in English.

8. spices :

1 cinammon stick

4/5 star annise

1 tsp jintan manis

1 tsp jintan putih

4/5 bunga lawang

9. a big bunch of mint leaves (up to individual to put the amount)

10. 4/5 dry chillies





serai




serai chopped finelly





mint leaves


chicken chopped and marinated with black soya sauce, pepper, sugar and salt



Put ingredients to blend - onion, garlic, dry chillies, tomatoes and serai. Use only oil. Don't use water. You will still get a fine paste.


Add mint leaves to blend. If it is difficult to blend, add a little more oil.


the long stick - cinnamon stick
the flower like spice - star annise

the small stub like flower - bunga lawang

the white grains spice that look like rice - jintan putih

the dark brown grain spice - jintan manis


Method of cooking

1. Heat some oil

2. Fry the spices under low hear. If the heat is too high, the grains will be burned very first

and it will cause a slight bitter taste to the flavour.

3. Once there is a small aroma, add in the curry leaves.

4. Now add in the blended ingredients and fry for a while.

5. Lastly add in the chicken and fry till the chicken is cooked.

6. Add salt to taste.

Fry the blended ingredients and spices.




The mint chicken is cooked.

HOPE YOU TOO WILL HAVE A NICE MEAL

No comments:

Post a Comment